Global Mapper 13
Global Mapper 13 is topographic 3D mapping software that not only is just a viewer capable of displaying the most popular raster, elevation and vector datasets, but converts, edits, prints, tracks GPS and allows you to utilize GIS functionality on your datasets in one low-cost and easy-to-use software package.
Global Mapper is also able to directly access online sources of imagery, topographic maps, and gridded terrain data.
Global Mapper 13 gis mapping software includes access to worldwide high resolution color imagery from DigitalGlobe (watermarked access for free) and access to the entire TerraServer-USA database of USGS satellite imagery and topographic maps free-of-charge.
• Supported map formats : DLG-O, DRG, DOQ, DEM, DGN, DTED, DWG, DXF, SDTS DLG, SDTS DEM, ECW, MrSID, ESRI Shapefiles, E00, JPEG2000, CADRG/CIB, GeoTIFF, KML/KMZ, Lidar LAS, Arc Grid and Tiger/Line.
• GPS support : track a compatible GPS device connected to your computer’s serial port or USB port in real-time over any loaded data.
• Projection/datum support : Global Mapper supports accurate conversions between a large list of projection systems and datums.
• Export support : You can export both vector, raster, and elevation data to a variety of formats.
• Direct access to DigitalGlobe high resolution color imagery and TerraServer-USA satellite imagery and topographic map archive for the entire US free-of-charge.
• NASA World Wind, Google Maps and Virtual Earth are supported !
• Easy, direct access to WMS data sources.
• True 3D viewing of loaded elevation data including draping of any loaded imagery and vector data over the 3D surface.
• Crop, reproject, and merge any combination of raster data and elevation data, including DRGs.
• Image Rectification, Contour Generation, Advanced Measurement and Advanced Screen Capture Capabilities.
• Automatic triangulation and gridding of 3D point data sets, such as ASCII XYZ files.
• Support for combining/comparing terrain surfaces, such as DEMs
• Batch conversion of almost any input data data files to any compatible export type.
• Auto-clip collar for DRGs/DOQQs/BSBs. You can now have the collar of USGS DRG, DOQQ and BSB (marine chart) files automatically clipped off.
• Comprehensive view shed analysis using loaded elevation grid data from a user-specified location, transmitter height, and radius.
• 3D Path Profiling and Line of Sight (LOS) capabilities.